- About Us
- Equity & Inclusion
- About Us
- Student Support
- Staff Support
- Employer Support
- GENERAL SFU EDI Support ↗
- Equity & Inclusion (Redirect to JEI)
- Contact Us
- CEO for a Day 2021
- Other Opportunities
- Grants and Awards for Students
- Giveaways and Activities
JUSTICE, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION SUPPORTS FOR WIL STUDENTS
Welcome! The SFU WIL JEI Team offers students equity and inclusion supports and resources for work-integrated learning (WIL) and Co-op. You can be at any stage of your Co-op or WIL journey and access these supports. Whether you encounter equity and inclusion-related barriers in the job search or hiring process, in the workplace, or upon/after work term completion, we are here to help. We can also provide referrals to other supports you may find helpful. Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact us!
DROP-IN VIRTUAL ADVISING HOURS
Are you a student with Co-op related questions about equity and inclusion?
If you have questions about equity and inclusion in the workplace, we are here to provide advising supports. For example, are you worried about facing barriers in hiring? Dealing with a difficult issue during your work term? Do you have questions about disclosure? These are just some examples we can help with. The WIL Justice, Equity, and Inclusion (JEI) Educator is available to talk to you and connect you with resources and services. Zoom drop-in office hours are on Thursdays from 10:00AM to 12:00PM PST. If this time does not work for you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
You are not required to use your camera during Drop-In Advising. The session length and waiting room capacity are subject to the volume of students seeking drop-in advising and the capacity of the Advisor. Zoom office hour link: https://sfu.zoom.us/j/68852195530 (password: edi)
FREE facilitated online opportunity for students who would like to increase their intercultural understanding and communication skills through developing self-awareness.
Job Search Success is an online professional writing and intercultural communication course for students to help them improve their resume and cover letter while learning how to communicate in today's multicultural workplace. There is a $20 non-refundable fee.
Currently under construction.
Resources shared and gathered here are meant to assist folks in their justice, equity, and inclusion learning. The goal of this tool is to support lifelong learning around social justice, equity, belonging and inclusion.
- Health and Counselling Services. Drop-in virtual or in-person advising is available with an Access Case Manager for one-on-one conversations about options available to you in Health and Counselling Services.
- Sexual Violence Support and Prevention Office offers confidential and free supports to SFU students who have been impacted by sexual violence.
- My Student Support Program (My SSP) is an app that provides additional mental health support and resources, including a 24/7 crisis line, appointments with a registered clinical counsellor, multiple language options, and more.
- The Multifaith Centre offers emotional and/or spiritual supports and resources, including drop-ins and events.
- There are a number of Black community resources and supports available both at SFU and within the community.
- There are a number of other university resources dedicated to keeping students safe, well and connected. Learn more here. The SFSS also provides a number of support services for students.
- MyPronouns is a tool to learn about personal pronouns and why they matter.
- Pronounce Names is an online dictionary of name pronunciations.
- The Micropedia of Microaggression is a collaborative project dedicated to creating a judgement-free opportunity to learn more about microaggressions.
- Your Journey: A Career Guide for Trans and Non-Binary Students by the University of Toronto is designed to support trans and non-binary students navigate their work search and applying for jobs.