Creating space for transformative conversations
Job Posting: Student & Faculty Engagement Coordinator
The Student and Faculty Engagement Coordinator supports and deepens the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue's engagement with students and faculties through programming and other structured student opportunities. The Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, executing, documenting and evaluating dialogues with faculties and provides leadership in the development and implementation of student experiential learning opportunities such as student-led programming and meaningful work and volunteer opportunities. The incumbent is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with students and faculty and documenting, evaluating and reporting on the overall success of the Centre's student and faculty engagement portfolio.
- Undergraduate degree and three years of related experience which include student and faculty engagement, managing events, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Good knowledge of student and faculty engagement.
- Excellent event management and project coordination skills.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical reasoning and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish and manage relationships with students and faculty.
- Knowledge of good practices for inter-cultural engagement, including cultural literacy in the norms of multiple communities I Metro Vancouver and Canadian contexts.
- Experience in creating culturally appropriate spaces for engagement between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples, including knowledge of social and historical contexts.
- Good knowledge of University policies and procedures.
Assignment End Date: October 30, 2020
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment. Deadline to apply is September 4, 2019.