- 2021 – 2023, PI, Literacy in the Age of Data: Context-oriented Learning Design for Critical Data Literacy in Secondary Education. SSHRC Insight Development Grant, $64,528
- 2019 – 2021, PI, Context and challenges of using open data for teaching in secondary education, SFU/SSHRC Small Research Grant, $6,698.00
- 2016 – 2018, PI, Learning Design for Developing Young Adults' Data Literacy and Representational Competence, SFU/SSHRC Small Research Grant, $4,748
- 2016 – 2017, PI, Infographic-based Arguments for Developing Young Adults' Data Literacy and Representatioanl Competence, SSHRC IDG Bridging Grant, SFU, $10,000
- 2015 – 2018, Co-PI with PI Joseph L. Polman (University of Colorado Boulder), STEM Literacy through Infographics (SLI), Cyberlearning and Future Learning Technologies program, National Science Foundation, IIS-1441561, US$881,559.
- 2015 – 2018, PI, Learning with and Representing Data. Research project supported by President’s Research Start-Up Grant, $20,000