Become a FAS Student Ambassador
Get involved with the Faculty of Applied Sciences as a student ambassador! This exciting opportunity is a way for students to develop their skills, engage with the FAS community, and represent SFU at external events.
This paid position works in collaboration with the Student Affairs Unit on a variety of recruitment and engagement initiatives. Successful FAS Ambassadors in the past have been enthusiastic, organized, quick-thinking, genuine, and have been creative problem-solvers.
As an ambassador you will:
- Participate in the recruitment of new students by delivering presentations (virtually and/or in-person), coordinating campus tours, devlivering virtual chats, and supporting at recruitment events.
- Engage with current FAS students by supporting social or academic-focused events, replying to email communications, acting as a peer-mentor for TechConnect students, and assisting with other engagement initiatives.
- Represent the Faculty at other external events, meetings or activities.
- Create and build positive rapport with prospective students and parents, current FAS students, and other external parties.
- Assist with data keeping and operation logistics.
- Assist with other special projects or duties as required.
- Pariticipate in 2-3 events every month (approximately 8-10 hours). Hours are flexible to work around your class schedule!
- Attend all training sessions.
- Be available to have check-ins with the Student Affairs Coordinator.
- Student in the Faculty of Applied Sciences.
- In good academic standing (CGPA above 2.4 is preferred).
- Effective communicator with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, dependability, and initiative.
- Involvement in SFU community (e.g. clubs, student societies, HIVE..etc.)
- Co-op or internship experience
- Volunteer experience
The opportunity offers the following perks:
- Ambassadors will be paid $18/hour.
- Develop your soft skills, including your presentation and public speaking skills.
- Get involved in the FAS community and help students.
Summer 2023 Openings:
- 2 x SEE student openings
- 1 x MSE student openings
How to Apply:
Submit your application to become a FAS Student Ambassador: Ambassador Application Form
Application deadline is Friday, May 05, 2023 at 12:00 PM (Noon). Potential candidates will be contacted for an informal interview.
For questions, please email Stephanie Snowden, Student Affairs Coordinator, at email@example.com