- SFU in the World
- International Research Mobility
- International Sustainable Development
- Refugee and Newcomer Program
- Scholars at Risk
- Chris Dagg Award
- SFU/Griffiths Travel Grants
- SFU-Mitacs Globalink Award
- SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
- External Funding Opportunities
SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
The call for applications is open. The deadline to apply is Monday, February 13, 2023 at 5:00pm PST.
The SFU-Strasbourg Collaborative Mobility Grants aim to promote collaboration between Simon Fraser University and the University of Strasbourg that has demonstrated potential to catalyze broad and sustained research collaborations leading to the development of a research ecosystem. The Mobility Grants will be assigned to the following areas:
- Clean Energy & Energy Conversion
- Sensors, Detectors & Probes
- Nucleic Acids & Virology
- Medicinal Chemistry & Therapeutic Approaches
- Water Research
Applications which meet the below criteria will be assessed favourably:
- Team proposals that demonstrate potential to lead to the development of a sustained ecosystem of research collaboration
- Proposals that have leveraged other sources of funds that can enhance the scope and impact of the proposed initiative
Value and Funding Period
Grants will be awarded to a maximum of $5,000. Funds cannot be directed to salary or research operations.
Funds must be expended within 12 months of the award. The funding period will only be extended if there are delays to the project due to unforeseen circumstances. Requests for extensions should be submitted in writing to SFU International.
- Applications must demonstrate networked research collaborations, instead of one-to-one research collaborations
- Each application must include a team of researchers with at least one researcher from each institution.
- Research teams are strongly encouraged to include graduate students*.
*Successful applications may consider applying for the SFU-Mitacs Globalink Research Award to support graduate student mobility.
More information about the grants can be found in the Guidelines.
Completed applications must be sent to SFU International at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm PST, Monday, February 13, 2023.
The application package must include:
- Completed application form
- A copy of the CV for each of the team members