- SFU in the World
- International Research Mobility
- International Sustainable Development
- Refugee and Newcomer Program
- Scholars at Risk
- Chris Dagg Award
- International Engagement Fund
- SFU/Griffiths Travel Grants
- SFU-Mitacs Globalink Award
- SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
- External Funding Opportunities
International Sustainable Development
Simon Fraser University has more than 30 years of experience in developing and deepening relationships with international communities and stakeholders at home and abroad. Our global engagement includes 250 current international partnerships in over 70 countries for research, experiential learning, academic collaborations and sustainable development projects.
SFU International recognizes that universities have a crucial role to play in achieving the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through thought leadership, knowledge generation, education, and global engagement. In 2021, SFU International and SFU Sustainability co-led a project to broaden and deepen our understanding of current activities and potential for our institution to contribute to the SDGs. Visit this website for more information on how SFU is advancing the SDGs through research, teaching and learning, campus operations, and community engagement.
SFU International mobilizes SFU’s research and expertise to support global sustainable development initiatives. Our strong network of partners allow us to work together, across disciplines, sectors and countries, to mobilize on the SDGs at a global scale. As part of our services, we:
- Develop partnerships and liaise with funders, government, NGO’s, private sector and community partners;
- Disseminate information through listservs, website and other media as appropriate;
- Provide advisory services to support faculty-driven project conceptualization, proposal writing, project management and identification of funding opportunities;
- Coordinate and engage faculty with interests in international sustainable development;
- Contribute to the development of strategic areas in which SFU has considerable expertise and experience; and
- Facilitate interdisciplinary collaboration across disciplines through faculty involvement in international sustainable development.
You can search for international development project opportunities in SFU's Office of Research Services Funding Opportunities Database by selecting "international development" as the topic. To learn more about specific funding opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get in touch with us
For more information on the services we provide or the possibilities of partnership, please email us at email@example.com.