- SFU in the World
- International Research Mobility
- International Sustainable Development
- Refugee and Newcomer Program
- Scholars at Risk
- Chris Dagg Award
- International Engagement Fund
- SFU/Griffiths Travel Grants
- SFU-Mitacs Globalink Award
- SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
- External Funding Opportunities
China Council for International Cooperation on Environment and Development (CCICED), Phases I - VI (1992-2019)
Phase V-VI: Environment and Climate Change Canada
Phase I-IV: Global Affairs Canada
The CCICED project was established in 1992 as a high level international advisory body with the purpose "to further strengthen cooperation and exchange between China and the international community in the field of environment and development." Its primary purpose is to provide recommendations and other advice to China’s State Council (cabinet) on policy related to environment and sustainable development.
Since 1992, Canada, through CIDA and Environment and Climate Change Canada, has provided financial support to all of the Council’s six phases:
Phase I-V: (1992-2017) $34.25 million
Phase VI: (2017-2019) $3.2 million
SFU has served as the Canadian Executing Agency for CIDA’s and Environment and Climate Change Canada (formerly Environment Canada) CCICED Projects, through which Canada’s support to CCICED is channeled.
The CCICED Phase VI Project Office at SFU, which reports to the SFU International office and is located in the Faculty of Environment, has two functions:
- To manage Canada’s contribution to the Council for the first two years of Phase VI, totaling $3.2 M; and.
- To act as the Secretariat International Support Office (SISO) for the Council, assisting and mobilizing international support for Council members and the Council’s Secretariat in China.
Among other functions, in addition to Canada’s funds, SISO manages other international donors’ contributions in support of the work of the Council.
For more details on Phase V and previous phases, please visit the CCICED website.
Lucie McNeill at firstname.lastname@example.org