- SFU in the World
- International Research Mobility
- International Sustainable Development
- Refugee and Newcomer Program
- Scholars at Risk
- Chris Dagg Award
- International Engagement Fund
- SFU/Griffiths Travel Grants
- SFU-Mitacs Globalink Award
- SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
- External Funding Opportunities
Open University of Sri Lanka - Preparing the Education Sector Development Program (PESDP) (2006)
The project objective was to assist the Sri Lankan Ministry of Education in providing increased access to quality education and training programs at the secondary and post secondary level by offering students appropriate and directly applicable educational programs relevant to the changing labor market conditions and needs of the economy.
A team of 5 specialists worked with their Sri Lanka counterparts to:
- Increase access to education.
- Improve the quality and relevance of teaching and learning.
- Facilitate dialogue with stakeholders and development partners on the financing of education and schools.
- Assess the process of and identify challenges associated with the expansion of ICT utilization in the education sector.
- Develop strategies to strengthen the linkages between education and economic development.
Dr. Charles Joyner, Team Leader, Education Planning and Management
Dr. David Zandvliet, ICT for Education Specialist
Dr. Michael Volker, Industrial Relations Specialist
Mr. Gregg MacDonald, Tertiary Education Development Specialist