- SFU in the World
- Chris Dagg Award
Philippines Distance Education Development Project (1996-2001)
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
(CIDA/AUCC UPCD Tier 2, CIDA Partnerships Branch)
A university partnership contributing to the design and development of the Open University in the Philippines.
The Philippine archipelago consisting of over 7,000 islands presents challenges to ensuring access to tertiary education. Development and delivery of distance education courses for teachers, health care professionals, community developers and business leaders increases social and economic development regardless of location.
- Distance education operating policies and procedures developed
- Efficient telecommunications infrastructure designed for new building
- Course authors trained in techniques for preparing effective instructional materials
- Distance education management systems developed to provide learning support services to students and faculty
- Library systems designed
- Subject and profession specific courses designed
- Advanced remote student registration systems in planning and design state