We're looking for dedicated students to join our Peer Ambassadors program to help us engage with student communities on the issues that matter most.
About our Peer Ambassador program
The Peer Ambassador program was designed to raise awareness of SFU Public Square and its community engagement activities with students across all three SFU campuses and online, and to organize a student engagement event for our annual Community Summits.
You will work with the SFU Public Square team and act as a student ambassador, championing the program to other students, and becoming part of the dynamic community engagement network at SFU.
How it works
Peer Ambassadors will develop and implement topical and timely student-centred events that align with our Community Summit and engage the student body. This is a chance for you to connect with other students on the issues that matter most.
What will I be doing?
Responsibilities and tasks as a Peer Ambassador may include:
- Organizing one student-centred community engagement event per semester
- Marketing events through social media, printed materials, or other creative strategies
- Creating and presenting project proposals and budgets for your event, which require approval from a supervisor
- Demonstrating your knowledge of SFU Public Square to students
- Being an active and enthusiastic ambassador for SFU Public Square through outreach across all three SFU campuses
Why get involved?
Joining our team as a Peer Ambassador will allow you to:
- Gain leadership skills by leading and supporting student-led events and initiatives
- Enhance marketing, promotions, and event planning skills
- Learn to work with and contribute to a dynamic team
- Apply your knowledge and skills to a real-life project with resources and support from SFU Public Square
- Receive performance feedback from your supervisor to support your personal and professional development goals
- Attend fun social nights with fellow peer educators
- Meet like-minded individuals who share the same passion for student engagement
- Attend a professional development workshop
- Gain interpersonal skills
What is the time commitment?
Peer Ambassadors commit to volunteering for one semester. This role requires approximately 60 to 72 hours. This is the equivalent to 5 hours a week over the duration of the semester. Students are expected to attend regular meetings every week.
Want to learn more?
Download the volunteer profile for more information.
The Peer Ambassador program begins September 2020 and ends April 2021.
Applications due Wednesday, July 15th
HOW TO APPLY:
- Go to myinvolvement.sfu.ca and click on "Student"
- Log in with your computing ID and password
- From the left hand menu, click on "Opportunities"
- Click on "Getting Involved"
- Enter the Job ID in the "Search by Opportunity ID" search field
If you have any additional questions about the program, please contact Seth Erais, Program Coordinator at email@example.com.