Canadian Citizens & Permanent Residents
coming from High School
Financial Need Based Application
SFU offers several bursaries and awards to assist students for whom the cost of attending university would be a significant barrier to accepting their admission to Simon Fraser University.
To be eligible, applicants must have a demonstrated need. Regular secondary school applicants must have a minimum admissions average of 80% for the Faculty they have applied to (not rounded up) and IB diploma applicants must have the minimum IB diploma score required for admission.
This application is for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Only one application is required. By submitting a complete application and supporting documentation (if required), you will be considered for the following:
Fairfax Entrance Bursary
- Value: $25,000 ($2,500 x 10 installments over 5 years max)
- Number: 2
Alan and Margaret Eyre Entrance Bursary
- Value: $20,000 ($2,500 x 8 installments over 4 years max)
- Number: 1
- Must be admitted and majoring in an undergraduate degree program in the Beedie School of Business
Erm Fiorillo-Hal Davis CKNW Bursary
- Value: $24,000 ($3,000 x 8 installments over 4 year max)
- Number: 1
- Must be graduating from a BC high school
- The bursary applicant must be a single parent
- One (1) completed Bursary Supplemental Form
H.Y. Louie and Lohn Entrance Award
- Value: $5,000 (1 installment)
- Number: 18
- One (1) completed Community Reference Form
- A summary of your achievements and activities demonstrating your involvement:
provide clear, consise details about your volunter work, school or community inovlvement, extracurricular activities, and artistic or athletic interests (500 words max)
Fall Term only: April 30, 2018
The PDF application form must be submitted via email or mail by the deadline date. All other supporting documentation must be submitted to Financial Aid and Awards by May 15, 2018. Please download the PDF application form for further information.
Entrance Award and Bursary Applicants coming from a BC/Yukon regular secondary school must self-report their grades by the deadline date.