coming from High School
H.Y. Louie and Lohn Entrance Award
Amount Awarded: $5,000
The HY Louie Entrance Award is offered to students who are entering SFU from a secondary school, have strong volunteer experience, and have a demonstrated financial need. Students are selected through the annual entrance bursary program. To be eligible, regular secondary school applicants must have a minimum admissions average of 80% for the Faculty they have applied to (not rounded up) and IB diploma applicants must have the minimum IB diploma score required for admission.
Entrance Award and Bursary Applicants coming from a BC/Yukon regular secondary school must self-report their grades by the deadline date.
- Value: $5,000 over two terms
- Numbers: Varies - approximately 15
- Citizenship: Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or International Citizens
- Term: Fall only
Please download and fill out the PDF application form by the application deadline. All other supporting documentation must be emailed to Financial Aid and Awards by May 15, 2018 at 11:59pm PST.
- Community reference form completed by a supervisor of your volunteer work
- A summary of your achievements and activities, demonstrating your involvement: provide clear, concise details about your volunteer work, school or community involvement, extracurricular activities, and artistic or athletic interests (500 words maximum)
Fall Term only: April 30, 2018