Graduate Students

Loans: BC Residents (Part-Time)

Graduate students who are enrolled in 2 – 5 units at SFU exclusively are considered to be studying part-time.

If you are enrolled full-time, see the BC Residents (Full-Time) section. If you are enrolled in less than 2 units, you are ineligible for Government Student Loan funding.

How to Apply

For further information, including what is available, eligibility requirements and how to apply, see Part-time Loans and Grants.

To download the application from the StudentAid BC website, see Part-time studies applicatiion 2020/2021 . Once complete, bring it to Financial Aid and Awards office for processing.


Please note: Government-issued student financial assistance, including loans and grants, is available to Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or students that have protected person status based on your province of residence. US Residents can be considered for US Federal Direct Funding and other targeted resources. If you belong to a different student group, please see our International Students page.