Scholarships and Awards
Nearly all graduate awards are administered by the Office of the Graduate Studies and Postdoctoral Fellows. For more information call 778-782-3042.
The following award is open to graduate students (as well as undergraduate students):
- Aboriginal Community Engagement Award
(applications are accepted each term)
Award Eligibility Requirement:
- must have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 at SFU during the term of application
- must be enrolled as a full-time graduate student during the term of application
If you are in a per term fee program (that is, your tuition is not calculated on the number of units you are enrolled in), you must:
- be enrolled in the term of application.
If you are in a per unit fee program (that is, your tuition is calculated on the number of units you are enrolled in), you must:
- be enrolled in a minimum of 6 units in the term of application.
How to Apply for the Award:
- Check the application period and final deadline at Application Deadlines
- Apply online by logging in to the Student Information System (go.sfu.ca)
- Click on "Student Center"
- Go to Financial Aid and Awards (under Finances)
- Click on "Apply for Scholarships/Awards"
- Select the Aboriginal Community Engagement Award (UUAO120)
- Complete and submit your application
- Submit Supporting Documentation
- Set up Direct Deposit (administered through the Student Accounts Office) as soon as possible, to receive any refunds you may be eligible to receive.