Loans: Ineligible Programs
Student loan funding is limited to students enrolling in and attending recognized full-time post-secondary level programs leading to a formal credential (certificate, diploma or degree). Chapter 2 - Program Eligibility, of the StudentAid BC Policy Manual details specific policy with regard to ineligible programs.
For example, programs of study designed specifically to meet the needs of full-time members of the labour force (i.e. Executive Programs) are ineligible for student loan funding. Please note, if your program is ineligible for student loan funding, it is also ineligible for interest-free status.
The following programs are not eligible for student loans/grants:
- Liberal and Business Studies Program (Bachelor of General Studies)
Communication, Art and Technology
- Certificate in Creative Technologies in Digital Journalism
- Certificate in Professional Practices (CPP)
- Professional Linking Program (PLP)
- Professional Qualifying Program (PQP)
- Continuing Studies programs
- Non-Credit Certificates and Diplomas
- Non-Degree programs
(Qualifying and visiting students may be eligible, please contact us for more information.)
Disclaimer: we aim to keep this list as complete and up-to-date as possible. However, new programs and changes to current programs can occur without Financial Aid and Award's knowledge. Please contact Financial Aid and Awards if you have any doubts or concerns about your program's eligibility.