- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- HRM Professional Program
- News & Events
- Internal Resources
Portugal Forensic Anthropology/Bioarchaeology Field School, Summer 2024
The Department of Archaeology is pleased to offer a lab-based field school focusing on the curation and lab analysis of human remains from archaeological and forensic contexts. Students will be traveling to three locations in Portugal for training and hands-on lab experience in the preparation, analysis and interpretation of forensic and archaeological human remains. At these locations students will have the opportunity to visit forensic and educational organizations as well as historically and culturally significant sites. The first week will be spent in the town of Gandra, nearby Porto, where students will receive basic osteological and forensic training and will visit the morgue and other forensically relevant locations. The second and third weeks will be spent at the Municipal Museum of Santarem and the University of the Algarve respectively, where they will attend labs to learn and practice various bioarchaeology lab techniques, lab processing and conservation of archaeological human remains.
- Information Session: Friday, January 19 at 11:30am in Saywell Hall 9152
- Application Deadline: January 28th, 2024 at 11:59pm PT
- Field School Director: Dr. Hugo Cardoso, email@example.com
- An academic reference is required for this program
- Visiting Undergraduate students are welcome.
- See application instructions here.