- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- BPK Co-op
- Financial Aid
- Forms & Resources
- Careers/Professional Resources
- News and Events
- Support BPK
Internal Transfer From Another Program at SFU
BPK Information Sessions
Interested in learning more about our Kinesiology, Biomedical Physiology and Behavioural Neuroscience programs and how to apply to transfer?
Please view the recorded info session from May 11, 2021:
If you want to learn more details about our Internal Transfer, please visit the FAQs or watch this video for more information.
If you are currently an SFU student and interested in transferring to any of the BPK Programs (all majors, minors, certificates), then you will need to apply for an internal transfer. Admission via this route is competitive, and is based on your GPA in select courses completed in your first semesters at SFU.
To pursue this option, you should:
- Visit the BPK Programs page to familiarize yourself with our programs. It can also be helpful to have a look at specific program planners to get a scope of the courses you would be taking as part of your chosen program.
- Read through the Approval form for your selected program, to see if you meet the competitive requirements. As admission to a BPK program is competitive, the admission GPA floats.
Please use the GPA Calculators below to assess if your GPA is competitive for your program of interest.
GPA Calculator - Kinesiology Major
GPA Calculator - Behavioural Neuroscience Major
GPA Calculator - Biomedical Physiology Major and Minor
- If you meet the competitive requirements, submit a completed approval form and advising transcript by the next deadline (Feb 1st, June 1st, Oct 1st)
- If you are in another faculty, e.g. the Faculty of Arts or Health Sciences, and do not meet the competitive approval requirements yet, we recommend that you transfer into the Faculty of Science, as an intended Biomed. Phys. or KIN or BNEU major. For more information about transferring to the Faculty of Science, please go to the FAQ section, link below, and scroll down to Faculty Transfer:
If you have questions about the faculty transfer process, please contact the Science Advisor. The Science Advisor can also answer general questions about the competitive approval process for our various BPK majors and minors.
- If one or more courses have been duplicated (repeated), the higher grade from all course attempts will be used, not including transfer credit.
- A minimum of 15 units of the approval courses must be completed at SFU.