- SFU in the World
- Chris Dagg Award
- SFU/Griffiths Travel Grants
- SFU-Mitacs Globalink Award
- SFU-Strasbourg Mobility Grants
- External Funding Opportunities
Social Impact and the Sustainable Development Goals
In line with Simon Fraser University’s (SFU) strategic vision to be defined by its dynamic integration of innovative education, cutting-edge research, and far-reaching community engagement, SFU International facilitates these connections by building partnerships and collaborations through regional, national and global networks. SFU participates in a variety of networks and has partnerships with organizations interested in international sustainable development and social responsibility. SFU International supports the university’s international engagement and is a member of the following networks:
- Academics Without Borders (AWB)
- Ashoka U Changemaker Campus
- BC Council for International Cooperation (BCCIC)
- Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN)
- Talloires Network
- University Social Responsibility Network (URSN)
- World University Services of Canada (WUSC)
For more information on SFU’s networks, please see our Networks page.
The social impact of Simon Fraser University is measured and tracked through the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). SFU ranks among the world’s top 200 universities for its commitment to sustainability, according to Times Higher Education’s (THE) 2023 University Impact Rankings. The rankings measure environmental, social and economic contributions toward meeting the UN’s SDGs.
For the 2023 ranking year, SFU placed SFU as 1st in the world for SDG 11, Sustainable Cities and Communities.
Learn more about the SDG mapping project and SFU's commitment to the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals.