Appointment of Acting Administrators in Cases of Absence
September 19, 1972
February 26, 1980
- When an administrative official of the University is or will be, absent from duty, an acting administrative official can be named.
- Unless specifically otherwise provided for in the acting appointment, the acting official shall have all the powers and duties associated with the office.
- The administrative official who will be absent will make the appointment of an acting official if he/she will be absent for more than two days. In exceptional circumstances, it may be necessary to arrange acting appointments for shorter periods.
- The administrative official to whom the absent official reports will be informed of the appointment in writing.
- Because of the short-term nature of most acting administrative appointments, distribution of information shall be limited.