- Lab Contact
- Lab Members
- Research Projects
- Get Involved!
- Lab News
- Recommendation Letters
Please provide Dr. Cobb with the following materials via email:
- In the body of your email, a list of schools, the specific programs to which you are applying, the potential supervisor (if relevant), application deadlines, and whether the letter is online or if some component is mailed in.
- If some components must be completed offline, email the PDF rating forms from individual schools (if applicable) in which you complete all contact information. If you aren’t able to save the forms, then just send the blank form.
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts from all institutions you attended. If you attended more than one school or you attended a school that doesn’t have a 4.0 or 4.33 rating system, please use one of these grade converters and provide your CGPA for ALL courses
- Indicate your UDCGPA if markedly different from your CGPA on the transcript
- In your email, indicate whether you took a course with Dr. Cobb, including the course number and semester
- GRE scores if available, or other relevant scores
- Resume or CV, including your telephone, email, dates you worked in lab, specific activities, and immediate supervisors (make sure you include the month/year of start and finish dates of all activities)
- Statement of purpose (not necessary, but will be helpful in writing the letter)
- Copies of a paper that you wrote as part of a course requirement in a course you took with Dr. Cobb and the feedback sheet (or a version of the paper with comments included). (Do NOT send papers from other courses)
- Please send all materials as email attachments
- All of your materials should be delivered to Dr. Cobb about one month prior to the first application deadline
- You may send two reminders, via email, that your letters are due within 7-10 days and then due within 1-3 days
- Dr. Cobb will send you an email confirmation once your letters have been submitted
Dr. Cobb prefers to send letters directly to the schools themselves to preserve confidentiality. Indicate in your list of schools if this is not allowed, and only then will she send you a letter directly.
Adding Schools to your List
You may add schools to your list after you have provided Dr. Cobb with all your materials, but she prefers to receive all information in one email if possible.
Address and Contact Information:
Rebecca J. Cobb, PhD