Academic Advising

Have you completed University Prep?

You have questions, and academic advisors can help you find answers! If you are a new student, completing University Prep first before meeting with an academic advisor will help you come prepared.

Already completed University prep?
At SFU and need academic advice?

General academic advising vs departmental advising

If you have less than 60 units and you are undeclared.

} See general academic advising

If you have more than 60 units, or you were admitted directly into a major or specialization, please contact the appropriate departmental advising.

See departmental advising

Upcoming events

Super Advising Saturdays

Dates: June 24, 25 and July 4        Location: Online via Zoom

Our experienced Academic Advisors are ready to help you make good choices as you prepare to enroll in your Fall courses and begin your academic journey at SFU. Connect with an advisor at one of our Super Advising Saturdays this summer.

Small group planning sessions

Dates: June 22, 23, 26, and 30         Location: Online via Zoom

These one-hour sessions happen at a variety of dates and times on weekdays between Monday, June 22 to Tuesday, June 30.