- What we do
- Knowledge Mobilization
- Identify neighbourhood destinations that persons living with dementia visit and changes in the patterns of visits over time.
- Identify neighbourhood built environmental features that affect mobility, engagement and social participation among persons living with dementia
- Develop an easy-to-use environmental audit and advocacy tool to conduct descriptive and evaluative assessment of the neighbourhood environment supportive of persons living with dementia.
- Develop planning and design guidelines to inform decision-makers, such as municipal policymakers, city planners, urban designers and engineers in the creation of a dementia-inclusive neighbourhood environment.
- Identify targeted built environmental intervention projects in the partner municipalities of the City of Richmond and City of Burnaby in British Columbia.
Ongoing involvement of the City of Richmond, B.C., City of Burnaby, B.C., City of Prince George, B.C., Alzheimer Society of B.C. and Community Advisory Committee will meaningfully contribute to achieving these goals.