Advising for Labour Studies Students

Students have two avenues for accessing advising. The first is through Student Services and is recommended for those who are in first or second year (less than 60 units completed) and are unsure what field they would like to major/minor. The second is through our departmental advisor, best suited to those who have declared or would like to declare a program in labour studies. The below options will help you to decide which type of advising best meets your requirements.

Please see our FAQ page for information about the issues students most commonly ask about.

1. Student Services Advising

If you are in your first or second year (less than 60 units complete), and you are not sure yet what you would like to major/minor in, you will want to contact a Student Services Academic Advisor:

2. Departmental Advising

Departmental Advising is available for students who are considering or have decided to pursue a program in Labour Studies (major, minor, certificate, etc). We encourage you to use the Academic Progress Report to check your progress; please contact the Labour Studies advisor if you see any issues.

To contact the Labour Studies Undergraduate Advisor:

  • Email to schedule a phone appointment. In your email, please include your: student ID number; phone number and multiple options for the best time to call (between 10am-4pm); and a copy of your advising transcript (see below for further details).

  • Drop-in Advising: There is NO drop-in. Please e-mail to schedule an appointment.

Advising Transcript

Your Advising Transcript contains information about your GPA, courses taken and grades achieved, courses transferred, and WQB requirements completed.

To access your Advising Transcript from SIMS (, login and follow these steps:

Self Service > Academic Records > Transcripts > Advising Transcript, then select Sort by Subject, click Go, and either print a copy of your transcript or save it as a PDF.