- News and Events
- For Employers
- Job Posting
The School's first graduating class completed their MPP degrees in 2005, and since then more than 450 students have earned a Master of Public Policy degree from SFU.
Our alumni become leaders in the policy landscape. Their versatile, highly-regarded, and practical skills and effective approach to policy analysis and solutions open many doors. Indeed, nearly all of our MPP students find jobs before or soon after graduation. MPP career pursuits include working in Indigenous governance, the public sector (including federal, provincial, and local government agencies), research institutes and academia, not for profit and advocacy organizations, labour unions, health authorities and private sector firms.
MPP alumni are a valued part of our community. They tend to remain engaged and support our current students, as well as the ongoing success of our School. Recent alumni roles and contributions include:
- Sharing job opportunities for new grads
- Hiring an MPP Co-op student for a summer workterm
- Participating in information interviews with 2nd year students
- Presenting a Policy Spotlight Seminar on campus
- Initiating a BC Priorities student team research project
- Developing a policy case for the School's internal case competition
- Participating as a mentor at our annual Policy Job Roundtable networking event
Learn about some of our recent MPP graduates.
Ways to Engage
Connect with the School, our students and alumni.