- News and Events
- For Employers
- Job Posting
PLCY 817 - ADVANCED QUALITATIVE ANALYSIS FOR PUBLIC POLICY
Advanced Qualitative Methods provides students with a solid foundation in the understanding and practice of qualitative research methods for use in public policy research.
Goals and Objectives
Through the course, students will acquire knowledge in seven specific areas:
- Understand the nature of qualitative research and the value of its use in public policy research.
- Construct a research question for qualitative research.
- Build a framework for ethics in qualitative research.
- Examine approaches to sampling for qualitative research.
- Develop in-depth expertise, knowledge, and practice in three qualitative methods - interviewing, focus groups, and content analysis.
- Develop an understanding of and practice in the analysis of qualitative data.
- Build an understanding of the fundamentals of reporting in qualitative research.
Course Format and Evaluation
Course assessment includes the following:
- Class Participation (10%)
- Assignments (90%)