Perched at the top of Burnaby Mountain
The Simon offers hotel style rooms located on the 3rd floor of our newly opened Courtyard Residence Building. This state-of-the-art building is designed to cater to the needs of our guests. Designed around a central courtyard providing a peaceful and inviting atmosphere for all. The main office of Residence and Housing is located on the main floor and with its prime location and modern design, the Courtyard Residence is the perfect place for all. With hotel style rooms available year-round (rooms range in size with majority of our rooms with two queen beds and a limited number of rooms with a kitchenette that has one queen bed plus a double sofa bed as well as one accessible room with one queen bed) and are perfect for:
- Friends & family
- Visiting students in residence
- Visiting faculty
- Departmental guests
- Small conference/meeting groups
- Individual travelers visiting Metro Vancouver
- Desk with Chair
- Local Telephone
- 55" ROKU TV
- Private washroom
- Free high-speed wireless internet access
- Lobby Coffee Station - Deluxe van Houte coffee machine and tea available
- Dining Commons - 1 to 5 minute walk
- Gym - 1 to 5 minute walk
- Retail (UniverCity) - 15 minute walk
- Coffee shops - 5 minute walk
- 13 - Double Queen rooms (each room has 2 queen beds)
- 2 - Kitchenette suites include (each room has 1 queen bed and 1 double sofa bed)
- 1 - Accessible Kitchenette suite include (with 1 queen bed and 1 double sofa bed)
- 1 - Accessible Queen room (with 1 queen bed)
Before you arrive
When you arrive
Check in: 3:00 p.m.
Any time after 3:00 p.m. in the Residence and Housing Administration office. All guests and/or authorized group contact person must present a valid photo ID and credit card upon check-in. Guests checking in after 11:00pm are subject to overnight services like check-in or key issues. Please note that group check-ins will be pre-arranged with the Guest Accommodations team.
Check out: 11:00 a.m.
Check out by 11:00 a.m. on your departure day. If guests and/or groups have not checked out of their rooms by the designated time, they will be subject to a late check-out fee. Room keys are to be returned to the Residence and Housing Administration office. There is a charge for lost or unreturned keys.
Guests must be 19 years of age or older to book a reservation and stay with us. If guests are under the age of 19 they must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Youth Group Bookings: All Youth Group booking must have one master account for the entire group. The chaperone requirement is (1:10 for Private Residence Riooms and 1:3 for Townhouse Units) for all participants under the age of 19. Chaperones are responsible for the behaviour and supervision of all youth participants in their group.