- Key action areas
- SFU ArtsLIVE
- Contact Us
Ideas too good to ignore
The ideas too good to ignore key action area will reserve space for ideas that may not fall squarely into any of the identified action areas above, but that are clearly ideas with high impact potential.
Indigenous Student Case Manager
- The impacts of colonization on Indigenous communities have resulted in a need for holistic support for Indigenous learners, which includes counselling support
- The goal of the Indigenous Student Case Manager is to improve Indigenous student mental health and well-being by providing direct support and by helping students access and navigate the resources available at SFU and in the community.
- Provided both direct counselling and group support. This included drop-in group activities, where students check-in with each other and the counsellor in a low-barrier setting, while taking part in activities that promote social connection and conversation about shared concerns and experiences.
- This project was postponed, but we are looking forward to proceeding in the coming year.
Measuring Computing Science Student Experience to Improve Diversity and Inclusion In Computing Science
- Recruitment, retention, and advancement of women in computing science is an important step toward diversity and inclusion. To support this goal, SFU Computing Science measures and plans to improve female enrollment.
- This project will gather and analyze data and streamline the process for fine-grained measurement of student experience. This will help the School of Computing Science better steer their diversity programs to build a more inclusive environment to hopefully increase enrollment of women.
- Aims to improve diversity of student experiences, inclusion of their voices, and better preparation for their experiences in life after graduation and their contributions in building sustainable inclusive environments.
- This project was approved and began implementation in 2020. The project team seeks to complete the project by 2021/2022.