- Contact Us
- See a Doctor
- Get Support
- Find Resources
- What's Happening
- Faculty & Staff
- Graduate Students
The Student Health Advisory Committee (SHAC) contributes to campus Well-being and the Healthy Campus Community (HCC) initiative led by the SFU Health Promotion Team.
This initiative takes a systemic, campus-wide approach to create conditions that positively enhance health and well-being. This involves working collaboratively with campus stakeholders. With students as central stakeholders, student engagement and students’ voices are key in informing, shaping, and implementing initiatives. It is a core value of the health promotion team to engage students in the process of building a healthy campus community. SHAC members contribute to the Healthy Campus Community initiative through student engagement, advocacy, and feedback.
If you want more info about SHAC, please contact email@example.com
Most Recent Project
- Environmental scan and thematic analysis, which informed a final report containing results and recommendations for SFU to better support students amid the toxic drug crisis (May 2023)
- Critical review of the Well-being in Learning Environments Resource Library, which informed a final report with quality improvement recommendations for the Health Promotion unit
- Health Equity Impact Assessment (HEIA) of Health and Counselling Services’ virtual offerings to understand students’ experiences and help ensure they adequately serve the needs of all SFU students. View the final HEIA report.
- Researched how construction impacts students and the ways in which students have adapted to and shown resilience during construction, to minimize adverse impacts on student well-being. View the brief report or the full report.
- Cannabis dialogues, which informed a final report submitted to the Canadian Institute for Substance Use Research (CISUR)
- Student dialogue sessions on mental health, which resulted in recommendations that informed SFU’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Report, Student Experience Initiative, and Mental Health Strategy
- Student feedback and accompanying report submitted to Facilities Services in order to inform future outdoor space renovations at SFU Burnaby