SFU India Connect Program - Entrepreneurship Co-op
Empower and change the world!
The SFU India Connect Program offers internships and co-op job opportunities that help students develop entrepreneurship and innovation related skills. There are two streams students can choose to participate in: Zone Startups and Deshpande Foundation.
As an entrepreneur, you love generating new ideas, taking risks, and enjoying the rewards the venture brings. You are ready to take action, solve client issues, and improve the world.
- The start dates of the program are Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
- Both streams are 12 to 16 weeks in duration
- A one time funding support total of $8000 (funding provided by the Asia Pacific Foundation (APF) of Canada Award, India Student Mobility Award, and SFU International Co-op Award).
- Submit your application (including Cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org (NOTE: Include "India Connect" in subject line of email).
- Deadline for applications: Wednesday June 12, 2019.
- Indicate on job application which of the two streams you wish to participate in: Zone Startups, or Deshpande Foundation.
- The SFU International Co-op Office will contact you for an interview and nominate you to your organization of choice.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- What type of entrepreneurship skills do you wish to develop?
- What kind of work experience are you looking for?
- What location do you prefer?
(NOTE: In your cover letter please indicate which stream(s) you are interested in, AND if you wish to be considered for a Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2020 start date).
Intake for Fall 2019/Spring 2020 positions is now open.
Sign up using the Web Survey or email email@example.com. Seating is limited, please R.S.V.P. as there will be refreshments.
Time: Wednesday May 29, 2019
3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Location: SUR 3280 (Surrey Campus)
For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"As Canada's engaged university, SFU is committed to supporting the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators."
- Andrew Petter, SFU President
"To capitalize on the remarkable growth in India, young Canadians need to be India competent. They need the India-related skills and knowledge to help them better engage with this dynamic country."
- Stewart Beck, APF Canada President and CEO
"The India Connect Program is an amazing opportunity for SFU students to gain essential international experience; build their project portfolios with critical business, communications and problem-solving skills; and engage in challenging, once-in-a-lifetime projects with world-class partners Deshpande Foundation and Zone Startups India."
- Ian Hand, Director of Zone Startups India
Stream Zone Startups
Download to see the job description of Zone Startups
Download to see the job description of Deshpande Foundation