Currently, volunteer recruitment for the 2020 Production Team is closed.
Please check again closer to the conference date for possible day-of appointments, and consider RSVPing to attend as a guest!
SFU WORLD LITERATURE invites applications from its student members to run the program’s third annual WORLD LITERATURE STUDENT CONFERENCE [WLSC].
We are seeking student volunteers to organize & deliver this event at the Halpern Centre on Burnaby Campus, Wednesday, April 1st 2020. The volunteer team of 35+ students will work with World Literature Administrators & the faculty lead.
- Event Coordinators & Assistants are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the year-end WL student academic conference. We are looking for motivated & well-organized individuals capable of coordinating & carrying out the various activities associated with the stage management, technical support, & spatial logistics of the event.
- Academic Leads & Conference Moderators will be responsible for the academic aspect of the conference: choosing the papers, chairing conference sessions: calling sessions to order, introducing speakers, and fielding questions.
- Graphic & Web Artists to conceive & produce the signage, artwork, & graphic “look” of the conference as a whole, as well as conceive and maintain the conference’s digital needs
- Volunteer-Leads to directly assist the coordinators with staff management, gala resources, & manage the welcome desk.
- Publicity + Communications Officers to advertise the event and communicate its goals
- Stage Managers and Technicians to manage and set up all technical requirements
- Event Volunteers provide support on the day of the event.
- Photographers/Videographers will record the WLSC via stills & video.
- The Master of Ceremonies begins the event and introduces faculty speakers.
- Faculty Liaison Oficer to support the faculty lead with administrative duties and communication.