- Stay connected
- Get involved
- Our alumni
- About us
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- New alumni
Six alumni named to BCBusiness 30 Under 30 list
BCBusiness’ 10th 30 Under 30 competition celebrates the young leaders who collectively represent a great future for B.C. Six stellar SFU alumni have been named on this year’s list for their ingenuity in their chosen fields—they are paving the way in health, education, business and beyond.
Hanieh Zahiremami | Co-founder & CEO of Edee Care Inc
- BSc, Faculty of Applied Sciences
- She is working on seizure prevention with AI and biometrics.
- Read more about Hanieh
Paige Sandher | Co-founder, CouchHaus
- BA, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Along with her business partner—and fiancée—Paige runs CouchHaus, a direct-to-consumer, couch-in-a-box brand founded in 2021 that allows buyers to customize their sofas.
- Read more about Paige
Melody Lim | Founder and CEO, Mala The Brand,
- BA, Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology
- Melody is setting the candle market ablaze with Mala the Brand and was the winner of SFU’s Coast Capital Venture Prize in 2020.
- Read more about Melody
Alex Mitchell | CEO, Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce
- MBA, Beedie School of Business | Social Innovation Certificate, Continuing Studies
- Alex has been invested and proactive in Abbotsford as early as Grade 7. Now as CEO, Alex is inspiring business in the city.
- Read more about Alex
Marzia Sager | Co-founder, Glow from Within
- BA, Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology | Certificate in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Beedie School of Business
- Marzia is using her nonprofit to cultivate confidence in young women.
- Read more about Marzia
Sabrina Rai | Accounting faculty, KPU; sessional faculty, UBC Sauder
- Graduate Certificate in Accounting Digital Analytics, Beedie School of Business
- Sabrina teaches roughly eight-to-10 courses a semester and strives to create a mentor-mentee relationship with her students.
- Read more about Sabrina