- Stay connected
- Get involved
- News & events
- Our alumni
- About us
Need to be on campus for an essential purpose?
Please learn what stage we are at in SFU's return to campus plan
Alumni are eligible for some borrowing privileges at the SFU libraries. Your SFU student card is now your alumni card and should also work as your Library card.
- SFU alumni have access to over 1.5 million books, thousands of journals and SFU librarians who are happy to help with your research.
- Most online resources (e-books, journals and databases) are available at SFU library’s by using a work station and logging into a library computer.
- Alumni borrowing privileges
Lost your card? Visit the Registrar and Information Services at the Burnaby, Surrey and Vancouver locations. Contact information
Request an official transcript from the Registrar’s office.
SFU alumni are able to use wireless service on campus using SFUNET, plus wireless services at other schools who participate in Eduroam. To access wireless on any SFU campus, simply connect to SFUNET and open a web browser. You should be directed to enter your SFU ID and password, at which point you'll need to enter your SFU Computing ID and password. Currently there are no traffic restrictions for SFUNET and it should support all wireless devices.
Note: Alumni who graduated prior to April 2009 may need to reactivate their SFU computing ID to access online services. This may involve registering for our email forwarding services.
Even though you are no longer a student, you can still get a membership to SFU Athletics & Recreation at a 25 per cent discount. This membership will get alumni access to:
- Fitness Centre (weight room and cardio equipment)
- Aquatic Centre (lane swim and dive tank during drop-in swim)
- Drop-in sports
- Squash, racquetball and tennis court bookings
- 1 month = $24.50, a savings of $8.00
- 1 term = $81.74, a savings of $27.75
Meeting & event space
Alumni have the opportunity to book meeting and event space at: the Harbour Centre campus, Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue, The Segal Building, The Goldcorp Centre for the Arts and at the SFU Burnaby campus. The alumni discounts are:
- Vancouver: 35 per cent discount on meeting room rentals and audio-visual
- Burnaby: 35 per cent discount on meeting room rentals (no discounts on AV)
- Diamond Alumni Centre: currently closed for rennovations
Visiting the Lower Mainland and need a place to stay? Yes, there are hotel-type rooms at the Burnaby campus. Located on the top floor of the Shadbolt Tower in residence, there are 14 rooms with fantastic views. Making a reservation by phone? Let them know you are an SFU alumnus. Making a reservation online? Put “SFUAlumni” in the comment box.
NOTE: hotel type rooms are not currently not available because of COVID.
Display your well-earned SFU degree/diploma/certificate with pride! Choose an SFU-branded frame from the SFU Bookstore.