- News & Updates
- People Of SFU: Meet the Food Superstars Who Helped Bring The New Dining Commons To Life
- Burnaby Mountain Comes Together To Celebrate StreetFest! 2022
- Embedding Sustainability In New SFU Letters
- The SFU Living Labs Program Connects Research With Campus Services and Sustainability
- SFU Welcomes Back Graduates This Summer With Most Ceremonies Ever Hosted
- Fair Trade Ambassador Daphne Chan Wins 2022 NACAS Student Author Contest
- Mugshare Launches at Renaissance Café
- Smart Vending Arrives at SFU
- Student Nathan 'Cain' Lee Aims To Rank Up To The World of Professional eSports
- Shannon De Groot Joins SFU As New Director of MECS
- SFU community rallies to support B.C. flood relief response
- The Study Public House Temporary Closure
- Document Solutions Surrey Service Updates
- Students and Staff Collaborate to Ensure Water Access On Campuses
- Fair Trade Ambassador Nell Jedrzejczyk Wins NACAS Student Author Contest
- The Community Vibrancy Initiative is bringing 'good vibes' to Burnaby Campus
- Stay Dry With Umbracity At SFU
- Document Solutions Campus Operations Updates
- The Bookstore & Spirit Shop Welcomes You
- Return To Campus Student Webinars with TransLink
- SFU StreetFest! Virtual draws more than 2,000 global visitors
- Co-op opportunities still provide work-integrated learning and experience during pandemic
- Feed BC: Building opportunities for B.C. food with post-secondary partners
- SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop innovate to prioritize student choice
- Join in as we phase out single-use plastic water bottles
- Summer Term Parking Info
- Re-use For Good
- Community Vibrancy
- Fair Trade
- Action Labs
- Contact Us
Translink Parking Tax Increase & Rate Changes
Translink Parking Tax Increase:
Effective July 1, 2019, Translink will be increasing the regional parking tax from 21% to 24% and consequently, the taxes on SFU parking rates will increase to reflect these changes as well to 30.2% overall.
Permit rates are also being slightly adjusted in an effort to incentivize permit holders to choose lots with greater availability.
Effective July 1, 2019, as the combined result of the above changes, most people will see an increase to their parking rates of approximately $5/month while people parking in Residence West Lot will see a decrease of approximately $10/month. As an example, selected lot rates per month after tax will be as follows: Residence West Lot will be $60, Outdoor Lots will be $75 and Indoor Permits will be $100.
Hourly/Daily rates will also be increased to reflect the Translink parking tax increases.
More detailed information can be found on the Parking and Sustainable Mobility website here.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Parking & Sustainable Mobility at firstname.lastname@example.org