- News & Updates
- People Of SFU: Meet the Food Superstars Who Helped Bring The New Dining Commons To Life
- Burnaby Mountain Comes Together To Celebrate StreetFest! 2022
- Embedding Sustainability In New SFU Letters
- The SFU Living Labs Program Connects Research With Campus Services and Sustainability
- SFU Welcomes Back Graduates This Summer With Most Ceremonies Ever Hosted
- Fair Trade Ambassador Daphne Chan Wins 2022 NACAS Student Author Contest
- Mugshare Launches at Renaissance Café
- Smart Vending Arrives at SFU
- Student Nathan 'Cain' Lee Aims To Rank Up To The World of Professional eSports
- Shannon De Groot Joins SFU As New Director of MECS
- SFU community rallies to support B.C. flood relief response
- The Study Public House Temporary Closure
- Document Solutions Surrey Service Updates
- Students and Staff Collaborate to Ensure Water Access On Campuses
- Fair Trade Ambassador Nell Jedrzejczyk Wins NACAS Student Author Contest
- The Community Vibrancy Initiative is bringing 'good vibes' to Burnaby Campus
- Stay Dry With Umbracity At SFU
- Document Solutions Campus Operations Updates
- The Bookstore & Spirit Shop Welcomes You
- Return To Campus Student Webinars with TransLink
- SFU StreetFest! Virtual draws more than 2,000 global visitors
- Co-op opportunities still provide work-integrated learning and experience during pandemic
- Feed BC: Building opportunities for B.C. food with post-secondary partners
- SFU Bookstore and Spirit Shop innovate to prioritize student choice
- Join in as we phase out single-use plastic water bottles
- Summer Term Parking Info
- Re-use For Good
- Community Vibrancy
- Fair Trade
- Contact Us
Bringing Communities to Life and Creating a More Livable, Sustainable, and Shareable World.
Launched in Vancouver, Canada in 2015, UmbraCity is the easiest and most sustainable way to put an umbrella in everyone’s hands when they need it. UmbraCity has developed a network of fully automated, smart umbrella rental kiosks that provide on-demand access to umbrellas to our community — whether you’re a resident or commuter, or somewhere in between.
Stay Covered Wherever You Go
Registration is free for SFU community members for the first 24 hours when you sign up at a kiosk at any SFU campus location.
Please note: there is a $3/day late charge (max. 10 days) if umbrellas are not returned to a kiosk within 24 hours.
- Register for an UmbraCity account online or at any kiosk.
- Use the SFU partner code for the online registration process: StayDrySFU
- Find a kiosk at one of our campuses or within the community.
- Borrow an umbrella by signing in with your phone number and pin at the kiosk.
- Return by simply placing the umbrella back in any kiosk in Metro Vancouver.
Burnaby Campus Locations
- Student Union Building
- Discovery 1
- Discovery 2
- Blusson Hall
- Academic Quadrangle
- Halpern Centre
- West Mall (near starbucks)
Surrey Campus Locations
- SFU Surrey Engineering Building
Central City Mall Locations:
- Central City Plaza exit
- East lower level exit near Boston Pizza
- West upper level exit near Tim Hortons
Vancouver Campus Locations
- Harbour Centre (Level 1)
- Harbour Centre (Level 2)
- Centre For Dialogue
- Segal Building
- Goldcorp Centre For The Performing Arts