- Program Leads
- About us
- Get involved
Programs & events
- English Language Support Program (in-person)
- Tutoring, Homework and English Support (in-person)
- Book Buddies (in-person)
- Bridge Program (in-person)
- Central City Learning Garden (on-site)
- Connect Through Homework & Reading (in-person)
- English Conversation Groups (virtual)
- Entrepreneurship Programs
- Homework Club
- Learning Buddies (virtual & in-person)
- Mentoring with Math (virtual & in-person)
- Pathways to Education
- Racing Readers
- YMCA Youth Leadership Development Program
- Canada SCORES (in-person)
- Empower MEdia (in-person)
- Let's Do Breakfast (in-person)
- Photo gallery
- Featured Reads
- Volunteer Info Hub
- Contact us
- Volunteer now
Tutoring, Homework and English Support (in-person)
In partnership with the Friends of Simon Tutoring Project the SFU Surrey - TD Community Engagement Centre provides a no-cost tutoring outreach program targeted towards immigrant and refugee children in grades 4-7. This program is open to students who have immigrated to Canada, and to students who may have been born in Canada but whose parents/guardians have immigrated to Canada. The students must be in grades 4-7.
Friends of Simon tutors are highly trained and qualified SFU students who speak a variety of second languages including French, Tagalog, Spanish, Romanian, Punjabi, and Czech.
Their tutoring expertise includes the following subject areas:
- Social Studies
- and more!
This program is being offered in-person at the Surrey City Centre Library on Mondays and Thursdays! Sessions run from 4:00 pm to 5:30 pm.
To register your children in the second cohort of this program (February 23 to June 15, 2023) please fill out the below application form.
If you have any questions or concerns about registering your child in this program, please email us at Cec-FosReg@sfu.ca or call 778-807-5339.
Ways to get involved
- Apply for current volunteer/work positions
- Join the Community Engagement Volunteer training program
- Subscribe to our email newsletter
- Email us at: email@example.com
Interested in our programs & events?
- Check out our active programs & events
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Partner with us:
- For partnership, please contact Rachel Nelson or call 778.782.8082
F T I