- Prospective Students
- Current Students
Research Awards & Scholarships
- Undergraduate Research Presentation Award
- CSC Silver Medal Award
- E. J. Wells Chemistry Book Award
- Melanie O'Neill Chemistry Undergraduate Award
- SCI Canada Student Merit Award
- Tony Parsad Award in Chemistry
- Chemistry Undergraduate Scholarship
- TransCanada Pipelines Research Scholarship
- Evelyn and Leigh Palmer Scholarship
- Faculty & Staff
- Employment Opportunities
- Information for Department Members
- Room Bookings
- News & Events
- Contact Us
Areas of interest
Solid State Materials
- B.Sc. - Hefei Polytechnic University
- Ph.D. - Université de Bordeaux
- LAB: TASC 2 7030
- TEL: 778-782-8069
- RESEARCH WEBSITE
Solid State Materials Chemistry
dielectric, piezo- and ferroelectric materials; relaxor ferroelectricity; magnetoelectric materials; solid state synthesis, single crystal growth and soft chemistry preparation; phase transitions and critical behavior; domain structures and properties; broadband dielectric and impedance spectroscopy; structure-property relations; sensors and actuators, materials for solid oxide fuel cells.
- Synthesis by various techniques and characterization of the structural and physical properties of:
- Relaxor-based piezo-/ferroelectric single crystals for applications in the next generation of electromechanical transducers;
- Ferroelectric materials for non-volatile random access memories (FeRAM);
- Crystalline oxides (thin or thick films) on Si and gate dielectrics in microelectronics;
- Magnetically ordered ferroelectric/ferroelastic materials for sensor and actuators.
- Materials for solid oxide fuel cells.
Click here to view publications.
Future courses may be subject to change.