EASC News and Events
In the news...
- Our newest faculty member Brendan Dyck is featured in SFU News for a paper in Nature on Mars' surface water (click here to see the article)
- EASC 421 (Volcanology) recently staged a crisis management scenario - check out the story in SFU News
- Doug Stead has recieved the Canadian Geotechnical Society's highest award - the Legget Medal! Click here to see an article on the award (also see info below in Honours and Awards)
- Check out this short video highlighting recent work by Glyn Williams-Jones on Nicaragua's Masaya volcano
- Diana Allen is profiled in SFU Science's "FeaturedResearchers", including a full interview
- Robbie Donald is featured in "Faces of Science Outreach"
- EASC Post-Doc Nick Roberts' research in Bolivia is in SFU News
- EASC Chair Brent Ward and Adjunct Professor Lionel Jackson describe the wealth of data in recently obtained core from the Evergreen Line (more...)
- John Clague is profiled in "The Beauty and Power of Nature" as part of the series "50 Years of Research and Innovation at SFU". John is also highlighted in the "Faces of Science Outreach" as well as the Faculty's "Research News"
- Check out "Seasonal Science" and James MacEachern`s "Fowl Fossils" activity, or Gwenn Flowers' ice activities. James and Gwenn are also featured on the "Meet the Scientists" page.
- Check out Gwenn Flowers interview with SFU Science's "Featured Researchers"
Honours & Awards
- Congratulations to Doug Stead on receiving the Canadian Geotechnical Society`s most prestigous award - Doug has been awarded the 2017 Legget Medal
- Maksym Golovetsky and Gabrielle Jones are the 2017 recipients of the Shaughn & Sharon Clements Travel Award in Earth Sciences
- Congrats to Allegra Whistler for being selected for the CSPG Student Industry Field Trip for 2017
- Ugrad Glenn Hall is the 2017 recipient of the GAC-PDAC Logan Student Prize
- Mark Coleman is the 2017 selection for the PDAC Student-Industry Mineral Exploration Workshop
New books in library
New books catalogued and funded by Earth Sciences monograph funds.
For more goings-on at SFU Earth Sciences, check out the latest edition of "Geocetera"