School of Engineering Science and FAS Staff
General Graduate Program Inquiries
For Graduate Program Inquiries
Graduate Program Assistant
For Room Accessibility Inquiries
For RA Appointments and Expenses-related Inquiries
Administrative Assistant (Finance)
Industrial Internship (Co-op) Inquiries
Student Affairs Coordinator (Graduate)
*Booked, in-person/online appointments are RSVP through email only. No drop-ins.
Graduate Program Committee
Dr. Ivan Bajic
Dr. Michael Adachi
Dr. Shahram Payandeh
Graduate program inquiries should be sent to Graduate Program Assistant. The Graduate Program Committee will not repsond to individual's inquiries.
Graduate Studies (GS) Office Staff
Academic Graduate Student Support Specialist
This email contact is confidential and not linked to the GS ticket system. Feel free to email the specialist to connect directly.
The position launched in late Spring 2022 to provide support for graduate students, staff, and faculty when there are complex and overlapping issues impacting graduate student academic success. The Support Specialist works closely with the Associate Dean, Students and other members within GS, including the Dean. Additionally, the role liaises with supports and resources across SFU such as the GSS Advocate, Office of the Ombudsperson, and the Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities. Some of the areas where the role can provide support may include:
- Supervision questions or issues
- Extenuating circumstances impacting academic progress
- Unsatisfactory progress (GGR 1.8.2)
- Graduate Progress Report (GPR)
- GGRs and policy application in complex cases
- Appeals and the appeal process
- Resource referrals and collaboration: GSS Advocate, Ombudsperson, Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities, SFU Health & Counselling, etc.
- Any student issue where you aren’t sure who to go to, or what to do next.