School of Engineering Science Staff
Graduate Program Committee
Dr. Ivan Bajic
Dr. Michael Adachi
Dr. Shahram Payandeh
All expenses-related inquiries should be sent to Finance and Administrative Asistant; other graduate program inquiries should be sent to Graduate Program Assistant. The Graduate Program Committee will not repond to individual's inquiries.
Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (GPS) Staff
Academic Graduate Student Support Specialist
This email ocntact is confidential and not linked to teh GPS ticket system. Feel free to email Michelle to connect with her directly.
The position launched in late Spring 2022 to provide support for graduate students, staff, and faculty when there are complex and overlapping issues impacting graduate student academic success. The Support Specialist works closely with the Associate Dean, Students and other members within GPS, including the Dean. Additionally, the role liaises with supports and resources across SFU such as the GSS Advocate, Office of the Ombudsperson, and the Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities. Some of the areas where the role can provide support may include:
- Supervision questions or issues
- Extenuating circumstances impacting academic progress
- Unsatisfactory progress (GGR 1.8.2)
- Graduate Progress Report (GPR)
- GGRs and policy application in complex cases
- Appeals and the appeal process
- Resource referrals and collaboration: GSS Advocate, Ombudsperson, Office of Student Support, Rights & Responsibilities, SFU Health & Counselling, etc.
- Any student issue where you aren’t sure who to go to, or what to do next.