Professor, School of Engineering Science
Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University, USA, 1981
M.S., Case Western Reserve University, USA, 1977
B.S., Case Western Reserve University, USA, 1974
- Low-cost MEMS gyroscope based on thermal principles
- Three-dimensional MEMS
- Nanogap Pirani pressure sensor
- Micromachined accelerometer based on free convection heat transfer
- Microfabrication and sensor design
- Electronic systems design
Recently taught courses
- ENSC851 Integrated Circuits Technology
Selected recent publications
- Jamal Bahari, Rui Feng, and Albert M. Leung, “Robust MEMS Gyroscope Based on Thermal Principles” J. Microectromech. Syst., vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 100-116 February 2014
- Rui Feng, Jamal Bahari, John Dewey Jones, Albert M. Leung, "MEMS thermal gyroscope with self-compensation of the linear", Sensors and Actuators A 203 (2013) 413– 420.
- K. Khosraviani, J. Bahari, and A. M. Leung, "Robust Micromachining of Compliant Mechanisms by Nickel Silicide", J. Micromech. Microeng. 23 (2013) 015015.
- J. Bahari, J.D. Jones, and A.M. Leung, “Sensitivity improvement of micromachined convective accelerometers,” J. Microectromech. Syst., vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 646-655, June 2012.
- J. Bahari and A.M. Leung, “Micromachined three-axis thermal accelerometer with a single composite heater,” J. Micromech. Microeng., vol. 21, no. 7, pp. 75025-75037, July 2011.
- A.M. Leung, “Low-cost Thermal MEMS Gyroscope,” Hilton Head 2010: A Solid-State Sensors, Actuators and Microsystems Workshop, pp 364-367, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, June 6-10, 2010.
- K. Khosraviani and A.M. Leung, "The nanogap Pirani — a pressure sensor with superior linearity in atmospheric pressure range," J. Micromech. Microeng. 19, 2009 45007 (8pp).
- R.W. Johnstone, A.H. Ma, D. Sameoto, M. Parameswaran, and A.M. Leung, "Buckled cantilevers for out-of-plane platforms," J. Micromech. Microeng. 18, 2008 045024 (7pp).