Patrick Leung, P.Eng
December 23, 2011
We are sad to say goodbye to our dear friend Patrick Leung who passed away on Dec. 21, 2011.
Patrick was a senior lecturer in the School of Engineering Science. He will be remembered as a dedicated teacher who was able to continually evolve and bring new ideas to the classroom.
Patrick had a long career at SFU, starting out in 1986 as a lab engineer, then becoming a lab instructor and finally a senior lecturer in 2000. Over this period, he made many friends at SFU and he was held in very high regard both by his colleagues and his many students.
We were lucky to have Patrick with us for 25 years to share his knowledge, his exemplary professionalism, and his sense of duty. All of us send our warmest thoughts to Patrick's family during this time. Rest in peace Patrick.
Director, School of Engineering Science
Senior Lecturer, School of Engineering Science
BSEE, Texas Tech University, United States, 1978
- Pathological use of Programmable Logic Devices
- Advances in the digital audio technology
- Audio amplifier design
- Digital Systems Design
- Sensors and Actuators
- Real time Computing
- Special Topics in Engineering Laboratory
Recently taught courses
- ENSC 215 Microcontroller Interfacing and Assembly-Language Programming
- ENSC 350 Digital Systems Design
- ENSC 351 Real Time and Embedded Systems
- ENSC 387 Introduction to Electro-Mechanical Sensors and Actuators
- ENSC 440W Capstone Engineering Science Projects
- ENSC 494 Special Engineering Project Laboratory
Selected recent publications
- Choy, S., Leung, Patrick C. and Cavers, Jim, “An FPGA Implementation of a High Speed Digital Quadrature Modulator, ” Proceedings 2nd Canadian Workshop on FPGAs, pp.5.6.1-5.6.8. Queens University, Kingston, Ontario, June 1994.
- Leung, Patrick C., Kraeutner, Paul and Bird, John, “FPGAs in Coherent Sonar Applications,” In proceedings 1st Canadian Workshop on FPGAs, pp.10/1-10/12. University of Manitoba, May 1993.
- Leung, Patrick C. and Hobson, Rick, “ A laboratory Design Experient on Algorithm Implementation Using FPGAs, “ I Proceedings 1st Canadian Workshop on FPGAs, pp.17/1-17/10 University of Manitoba, May 1993.
- Atkins, S., Hafer, Lou and Leung, Patrick C., “ Robots in the Laboratory,” ACM SIGCSE Bulletin, Vol.20, No. 1, 1988, pp.36-39.