- News & Events
- Current undergraduates
- SFU Environmental Science Student Union
- Environmental Science Capstone Showcase
- Spring 2020
- Monitoring the St.George Rainway Co-Benefits
- The Data Collection and Monitoring Plan of Effect of Urban Heat Island on St George Rainway
- St George/te Statlew Rainway
- St.George Rainway Proposal for Public Engagement
- Approaches to Effective Public Engagement and Education for Green Infrastructure Co-Benefits
- Interactive GIS and Public Engagement of the St. George Rainway
- Prospective Students
Dr. Saraswat works as a Senior Project Engineer, Air Quality Bylaw and Regulation Development, at Metro Vancouver Regional District and an Visiting Professor at the Environmental Science Program at Simon Fraser University. Prior to joining Metro Vancouver, Dr. Saraswat served as the Head of Air Quality Section (Assessments) at the BC Ministry of Environment of Environment & Climate Change Strategy. In that position he led the section responsible for the review of air discharge applications under the Environmental Management Act (EMA) and the Environmental Assessment Act (EAA), and was also a statutory decision maker under EMA. In his previous role as the Head of Environmental Management Section (Omineca-Peace), Dr. Saraswat led regional permitting and compliance activities for oil and gas, forestry and municipal sectors.
Dr. Saraswat is a professional engineer with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India and a PhD in Resource Management and Environmental Studies from the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. His research interests include modeling small-area variations in concentrations of urban air pollutants, development of novel methods for estimating population exposure and air quality impact assessment for major industrial sources.
- Degrees: PhD, Resource Management and Environmental Studies, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- B. Tech., Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
This instructor is currently not teaching any courses.