A collaboration between SFU Spirit Shop and SFU's Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection, this competition celebrates product entrepreneurs at Simon Fraser University.
The competition is now closed! Thank you to everyone who participated. Check out this article on our #MadebySFU 2017 winners: http://bit.ly/2CAp20z
Please check back for updates on our 2018 #MadebySFU fair.
Up to $5,000 in cash & in-kind prizes will be awarded:
• Category Winners (up to 6) receive:
- $500 Purchase Orders to SFU Bookstore
- Promotion and exposure in all three Bookstore locations and the Bookstore online store
- Potential further exposure of the product through SFU media and beyond
• $500 SFU Innovates prize
• $150 Audience favourite Bookstore gift card
• All vendor fair participants also receive:
- $50 Bookstore gift cards
- 1 year Sage accounting licenses
The deadline for 2017 contest submissions is November 1, 2017.
The vendor fair and prize presentations take place November 8, 2017 at SFU-Surrey.
For questions on product criteria, contact Ben Felch at email@example.com
For general inquiries about the #MadeBySFU competition, contact Shirin Escarcha at firstname.lastname@example.org
#MadeBySFU is an annual competition to showcase Simon Fraser University makers and product-based ventures.
The SFU Spirit Shop believes in sourcing and supporting local BC companies and products. By supporting local businesses, we hope to strengthen our community, grow BC's economy, and maintain a sustainable and ethical business for our community partners.
SFU’s Coast Capital Savings Venture Connection provides founder training & venture development services for early stage entrepreneurs at Simon Fraser University.