To support teachers and students in the exploration of the mathematical concepts contained in the Small Number stories, we are creating a series of classroom resources based on each story.
Each resource includes the following:
- mathematical concepts contained in the story
- mathematical vocabulary used in the story
- cultural components in the story
- possible answers to the open-ended question at the end of the story
- mathematics in- and out-of-classroom activities based on the story.
Please check below.
In addition, here is the link with the SMALL NUMBER APP that is embedded to right of this text. The app was created by Megan Monkman, a volunteer in the Math Catcher Outreach Program.
GIVE NOW. (Search For "Math Catcher Outreach Program")
Your generosity allows the Math Catcher Outreach Program to continue to promote mathematics and scholarship among Indigenous and non-Indigenous youth.