Rankings & Recognition
- QS World University Rankings Top 50 under 50: Among universities under 50 years old, QS ranked SFU 16th worldwide – and in the top three in North America. We also ranked in Canada’s top five based on citations per faculty member, an indication of strong research impact. See Top 50 universities under 50 years old.
- Times Higher Education Top 100 under 50: SFU ranked 24th among the THE’s Top 100 world universities under 50 years old., a wide-ranging study using 13 diverse indicators.
- Maclean’s list of comprehensive universities: SFU was named Canada’s number one comprehensive university in Maclean’s annual review of Canadian universities, having also placed top from 2008 to 2012. This shows we have delivered on our mission to invest in student services and resources, and attract high research funding per full-time faculty member.
- LinkedIn job outcomes: SFU ranked as one of the top three schools in Canada for software development training. LinkedIn reviewed undergraduate students who completed their studies in the past eight years to see which university best-prepared students to land the most desirable jobs in their profession.
- Leiden Ranking on scientific performance: SFU ranked in the top five in Canada for publication impact in math, computer science and engineering, according to 2014’s Leiden Ranking.
- Research Infosource study on Research Universities of the Year: SFU ranked 4th in Canada in terms of publication impact, according to Research Infosource.
- Higher Education Strategy Associates study on Academic Research in Canada: SFU ranked 5th in Canada in Science and Engineering in terms of bibliometric scores (h-index), according to Higher Education Strategy Associates.