Jiacheng (Jason) Wang
Associate Professor, School of Mechatronic Systems Engineering
Ph.D., Ryerson University, Canada, 2012
M.Sc., Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 2005
B.Sc., Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 2001
- Power Converter and Applications
- Alternative Energy Integration and Future Grids
- Electrified Transportation Systems
- Computer Simulation and Tools
- Intelligent Electromechanical and Energy Systems
- Power Electronics and Electric Machinery
- Real-time and Embedded Systems
- Alternative Energy Systems
Selected Recent Publications
- J. Shen, H. Homayouni and J. Wang, "Converter-based Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy for High-Power Fuel Cell Stacks with Resonant Controllers," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2020, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2020.3016250.
- S. Sadrian and J. Wang, "Buck-Plus-Unfolder as the Superior Active Power Decoupling Solution for 400 Vdc/kW-Level Applications," in IEEE Open Journal of Power Electronics, vol. 1, pp. 260-272, 2020, doi: 10.1109/OJPEL.2020.3010830.
- J. Zhou, J. Zhang, J. Wang, J. Zang, G. Shi, X. Feng and X. Cai, "Design and Control of Power Fluctuation Delivery for Cell Capacitance Optimization in Multi-port Modular Solid-State Transformers," in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, 2020, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2020.3006956.
- P. Palmer, J. Wang and E. Shelton, "Active Voltage Controlled Switching of the Power GaN HEMT," 2020 IEEE 29th International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE), Delft, Netherlands, 2020, pp. 630-635, doi: 10.1109/ISIE45063.2020.9152226.
- S. Rezaee, M. Moallem, J. Wang and A. A. A. Radwan, "Assessment of Dynamic Instabilities in Weak Grids with High Penetration of Power Electronic Loads," 2020 IEEE 8th International Conference on Smart Energy Grid Engineering (SEGE), Oshawa, ON, Canada, 2020, pp. 13-17, doi: 10.1109/SEGE49949.2020.9182001.
- J. Zhou, J. Zhang, X. Cai, G. Shi, J. Wang, and J. Zang, “Design and Analysis of Flexible Multi-Microgrid Interconnection Scheme for Mitigating Power Fluctuation and Optimizing Storage Capacity,” Energies. vol. 12, no. 11, 2019, doi:10.3390/en12112132
- H. Homayouni, J. DeVaal, F. Golnaraghi and J. Wang, "Voltage Reduction Technique for Use With Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy in High-Voltage Fuel Cell and Battery Systems," in IEEE Transactions on Transportation Electrification, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 418-431, June 2018, doi: 10.1109/TTE.2018.2806090.
- J. Zhang, J. Wang and X. Cai, “Active Thermal Control-Based Anticondensation Strategy in Paralleled Wind Power Converters by Adjusting Reactive Circulating Current,” in IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 277-291, March 2018, doi: 10.1109/JESTPE.2017.2741447.
- J. R. Jian, T. Kim, J. S. Park, J. Wang, and W. S. Kim, “High Performance 3D Printed Electronics Using Electroless Plated Copper,” AIP Advances, vol. 7, p. 035314, 2017, doi: 10.1063/1.4979173.
- K. Tian, J. Wang, B. Wu, Z. Cheng and N. R. Zargari, "A Virtual Space Vector Modulation Technique for the Reduction of Common-Mode Voltages in Both Magnitude and Third-Order Component," in IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 839-848, Jan. 2016, doi: 10.1109/TPEL.2015.2408812.
- S. Rivera, B. Wu, S. Kouro, V. Yaramasu and J. Wang, "Electric Vehicle Charging Station Using a Neutral Point Clamped Converter With Bipolar DC Bus," in IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 1999-2009, April 2015, doi: 10.1109/TIE.2014.2348937.