You are invited to Get Philosophical! with us this fall term
Welcome future philosophers!
This isn't what you expected. At all. So we've pulled together some resouces to help you navigate remote classes and make life a little easier we hope.
...also, welcome you to a virtual Department of Philosophy. We look forward to 'meeting' you!
Evan Tiffany, Chair of the department, is teaching PHIL 120W: Moral and Legal Problems this fall
Bruno Guindon is teaching PHIL 110: Intro to Logic and Reasoning this fall
Holly Andersen is teaching PHIL 144: Intro to Philosophy of Science, part of our Science Certificate this fall
Sorry but we're not offering Procrastination105 this fall :(
Dai Heide is teaching PHIL 100W: Knowledge and Reality and PHIL 150: History of Philosophy this fall
Nic Bommarito is teaching PHIL 357 this fall
meet our staff
Summer and Fall 2020: all advising is done remotely, by email (and Zoom upon request). Please contact our Student Advisor, Mrs. Laura Bologea, from your SFU email, and include your student ID#.
Student success in remote instruction
This is a new online resource for students and instructors.
• Provides resources and strategies to help students succeed in remote learning environments, and brings together supports offered by diverse SFU campus partners.
• All members of the SFU community can enroll.
A free online course for all new incoming students that helps prepare them for their academic transition to SFU. Find out more.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
FASS First Year: information to help you prepare for enrollment and beyond, giving you the tools to be successful in FASS.
Community connection website
This gathers all virtual community connection events for all students, from all areas across campus.
Download the Faculty Of Arts and Social Sciences Guide to Course Selection
A co-curricular course that runs July-December.
• All the details students need to get started right during their first week, month and term
• Support building their second term schedule
• Learn about the SFU community including: student conduct and academic integrity; support fort learning in an online environment; helpful campus resources and how to recognize when they’re needed, e.g., My SSP, Health and Counselling, Careers, Learning Commons, myInvolvement, and Academic Advising.