Term Updates: Fall 2023:
- Philosophy department: all PHIL courses are in person.
- If you need to speak with anyone in the Philosophy Department, including the undergraduate advisor, we ask that you email to book an appointment before coming to the Department. Instructors, TAs, and staff are available by email: see Contact page and People page.
- Undergraduate advising, program declarations: email Jay Leardi, the Undergraduate Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org (include student ID#)
- Fall Term deadlines and Academic dates. Final deadline to withdraw from a course:Tuesday October 31st
- Elective Grade System: Starting in the Fall term the Elective Grade System will no longer be available.
- Information for students, including academic policies for current term
- My SSP app - 24/7 mental health support and counselling
- Student Bulletins published by Student Services
Updates revised: July 25, 2023
SFU Philosophy News
- Horban Award 2023: Danielle Jones
- Horban Award 2023: Parmida Saemiyan
- 2023 BC Lower Mainland Ethics Bowl Report
- Blended learning: spotlight on SFU’s newest course designation
- MA Student Aaron Richardson at Aesthetics For Birds - Accessibility and the Problem of Alt Text
- Welcome to SFU Philosophy Kino Zhao and Greg Lauro
- O.G. (Original/Regular Phil Club) where we deconstruct. discuss, and debate a broad overview and variety of topics in Philosophy, which could include ethical dilemmas.
- Sci-Fi Phil Club where we ponder things such as the existence of time, discuss the modalities of science fiction works (i.e. Interstellar, Marvel's Infinity War) and square up in philosophical dispute.