Due to ongoing regulatory changes by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), the information and handouts below may be updated frequently as information is released. Check this page often for up to date information.
New Student Checklists
Employment and Work Permits
Medical Insurance in Canada
- International Undergraduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Exchange/Study Abroad Students
- International Undergraduate Students - Summer 2019
- International Graduate Students - Summer 2019
- Exchange/Study Abroad Students - Summer 2019
- SFSS Undergraduate Health and Dental Plan
- GSS Graduate Benefit Plan
- Applying BY MAIL for the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (BC MSP)
- Applying ONLINE for the British Columbia Medical Services Plan (BC MSP)
Resources and Services List
Please Note: The above information is only applicable to current international students at SFU. While we do our best to ensure that information provided is accurate and current, please be aware that these are not legal documents and all information provided is subject to change at any time. This page and the information above were last reviewed in February, 2019.
For updated policies and legal information, it is your sole responsibility to refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, or other official direct sources, as applicable. If you have any questions or concerns, please check with an International Student Advisor, Immigration Specialist.