Connect With Us

International Student Advising

Throughout your time at Simon Fraser University, International Student Advisors support you by providing both immigration and non-immigration advice. Immigration topics include study permit, visas, work permits, etc. While, Non-immigration topics include medical insurance, SIN application, etc. 

We offer various ways of advising to best support your individual needs. Note that we do not provide academic-related advising. Please see Quick Links to connect with an academic advisor.

Connect with an International Student Advisor through one of the following advising methods below. We encourage you to review our Resources page, for self-guided instructions before reaching out to us.

For Quick Questions

E.g. Study Permit Extension | MSP & Insurance | Work Permits | Visas | Application Forms & More

For Complex Questions

E.g. Study Permit Refusal | Expired Study Permit | IRCC Follow Up Requests & More

International Student Programs & Services

International Services for Students also offers transition support, programs and engagement opportunities. Join us for workshops, info sessions or social activities to be part of our vibrant SFU community. 

Engagement & Programs 

Refugee & Newcomers



Stay connected with us and receive updates about immigration, job opportunities, events and activities.