Participate in the Terry Fox Walk/Run
Friday, September 27, 2019
Central City Plaza entrance
Walk to Holland Park, which is adjacent to the Surrey campus.
Registration instructions for new process
As in year's past, fundraising and registration steps will be done on the same website: terryfox.org.
When you register online by following the steps below to "Join an existing team" or to "Captain your own team" you'll be given the option to create a fundraising web page that you can share with others. The total you raise will automatically go towards your team's total, if you signed up to join a team.
To date, The Terry Fox Foundation has raised over 700 million dollars towards cancer research. For more information, please visit the websites for The Terry Fox Foundation and Terry Fox Research Institute.
Captain your own team
Register your team for each campus:
You now have 20 minutes on a secure site to finish setting up your team
- Sign Up (create a new account) or Sign In (with existing user name and password from a previous year)
- Check off the waiver form
- Click on "Create a Run Team"
- Create a team name easy for your team members to identify. (Note, inappropriate team names will be removed.)
- Set a Team Fundraising Goal, and perhaps use your team name as the web address for the required fundraising web page
- Fill out the rest of the page and click
- If you are signing up now, this step is where you either log in with Facebook or create an account, creating a username and password for this site
- Finish the form and submit
- Share the fundraising URL to achieve your fundraising goal
- Note 1: The Terry Fox Foundation website will send you an automatic notice that your team name has been registered.
- Note 2: The National Run date of September 15 cannot be changed from the banner on your team page. Please edit the description on your team page to include SFU's run date of Friday, September 27, 2019, from 12:30PM to 1:30PM. Include the link to SFU's event details: http://www.sfu.ca/terryfox/event.html
Download the pdf of information for Team Captains
- Under the "Terry Fox Run" tab on the top, select find run site
- Select your Run Site Location (Simon Fraser University - Burnaby/Surrey/Vancouver)
- Click register, either create a new account, or use the same one as last year
- Accept Waiver
- Under Registration type, select "Join a Run Team"
- Find youe team!
- Fill out the form.
- Wait for instructions from your Team Captain.
- Note 1: The Terry Fox Foundation may send you automatic notices, because SFU is using their website for registration purposes this year. Please disregard any event details not related to SFU's event.
- Note 2: SFU's walk/run takes place at Burnaby, Surrey and Vancouver campuses on Friday, September 27, 2019, from 12:30PM to 1:30PM. Check out SFU's event details at http://www.sfu.ca/terryfox/event.html
- Note 3: If you buy a Terry Fox t-shirt online while registering, allow three (3) weeks for delivery. T-shirts will be on sale at Burnaby campus on event day beside the donation table.
Individuals, not part of an existing team, are encouraged to join the "I Team Up for Terry Team" to meet other participants sharing in the fun on event day and to rival other teams for the most participants team challenge!
Add your name to the "I Team Up For Terry" team at your campus by following the same instructions above to "Join an existing team."
You may make a donation to your I Team UP Team during registration.
On event day, go to the registration table (or person) and pick up a Terry Fox ribbon and look for someone holding the I Team Up for Terry sign. Have fun!
Last year, 70 teams participated overall. Looking forward to seeing you at this year's event!