Participate in the SFU Terry Fox Virtual Event 2020
2020 Virtual Event
Sunday, September 20, 2020 through
Sunday, September 27, 2020
When it is convenient for you!
Wherever you happen to be! Run, walk, cycle or be active in your community to honour Terry and celebrate his memory.
(suggested distance - 5km run, 2.5km walk or 10km cycle)
Social Media: share your involvement through Instgram and Facebook using #SFUTerryFox
*We know most people will participate on Sunday, September 20th, the official Terry Fox National Run day, but if you can't, no problem. We are encouraging participation through September 27th. Please join us throughout the week, when you can!
Registration instructions for new process
As in year's past, fundraising and registration steps will be done on the same website: terryfox.org.
When you register online by following the steps below to "Join an existing team" or to "Captain your own team" you'll be given the option to create a fundraising web page that you can share with others. The total you raise will automatically go towards your team's total, if you signed up to join a team.
To date, The Terry Fox Foundation has raised over 700 million dollars towards cancer research. For more information, please visit the websites for The Terry Fox Foundation and Terry Fox Research Institute.
Captain your own team
Even though the 2020 event is virtual, this is a great way to keep connected with your friends and family! Register a team and participate, virtually, together!
You now have 20 minutes on a secure site to finish setting up your team
- Sign Up (create a new account) or Sign In (with existing user name and password from a previous year)
- Check off the waiver form
- Click on "Create a Run Team"
- Create a team name easy for your team members to identify. (Note, inappropriate team names will be removed.)
- Set a Team Fundraising Goal, and perhaps use your team name as the web address for the required fundraising web page
- Fill out the rest of the page and click
- If you are signing up now, this step is where you either log in with Facebook or create an account, creating a username and password for this site
- Finish the form and submit
- Share the fundraising URL to achieve your fundraising goal
- Note 1: The Terry Fox Foundation website will send you an automatic notice that your team name has been registered.
- Note 2: The National Run date of September 20 cannot be changed from the banner on your team page. Please edit the description on your team page to include SFU's event dates of Sunday, September 20th through Sunday, September 27th. Include the link to SFU's event details: http://www.sfu.ca/terryfox/event.html
Download the pdf of information for Team Captains
- Under the "Terry Fox Run" tab on the top, select find run site
- Select your Run Site Location (Simon Fraser University - Burnaby/Surrey/Vancouver)
- Click register, either create a new account, or use the same one as last year
- Accept Waiver
- Under Registration type, select "Join a Run Team"
- Find youe team!
- Fill out the form.
- Wait for instructions from your Team Captain.
- Note 1: The Terry Fox Foundation may send you automatic notices, because SFU is using their website for registration purposes this year. Please disregard any event details not related to SFU's event.
- Note 2: SFU's event takes place Sunday, September 20th through Sunday, September 27th, 2020. Check out SFU's event details at http://www.sfu.ca/terryfox/event.html
- Note 3: If you buy a Terry Fox t-shirt online through the SFU Spirit Shop while registering, allow (2-3) weeks for delivery.
Last year, 70 teams participated overall. Looking forward to seeing you at this year's event!